What They Wanted
Billingham South Primary School are officially the “first British ‘outstandingly happy’ school”, but you wouldn’t have known it from their old website. Featuring drab, dark colours, a bland header and photos that didn’t represent these happy visions and values, they needed a new site that truly reflected this new brand. The site also had to be functional and easy-to-use for parents, students and staff.
What We Did
Working alongside Billingham South was an absolute joy. We quickly realised how they’d earned their title as Britain’s first outstandingly happy school! Their excitement was infectious and we knew this would be a special project.
It was decided that the homepage would feature fun videos of the pupils and staff. These help to express exactly how the school feels to attend and are prominent on the home page. We combined this with the joyous rainbow icons, which mirrored their logo, and a lighter version of their old colour, to create an inviting and friendly website.
On top of this, we made sure to include a whole host of our school-focused functionality, including:
- Our Parents’ Evening system which allows schools to quickly and easily set up an entire event, invite parents and teachers and arrange it all online
- Customisable forms, allowing the school to be able to collect any data they need
- Online learning facilities which were vital during lockdowns
- Policy Manager to make it simple to keep policies updated
- Full training to help admins make the most out of the site
- Access to our dedicated support inbox and platform, giving them priority for changes or fixes
What They Think
The school were absolutely over the moon with the website, going on to create even more videos for other areas of the site to carry the branding on themselves! We’ve worked closely with staff there since to deliver additional training and features for the site.