Why iTCHYROBOT uses WordPress as their CMS of choice
Over the years the iTCHYROBOT Team have been involved in building, maintain and using a variety of Content Management Systems for website development. We have developed and managed everything from custom builds through SharePoint, DotNetNuke, Joomla, Drupal, Contentful and Shopify. There are probably a few we have missed but those represent the main ones we have managed in the past and currently. However, we always returned to WordPress for its ease of use and the ability to extend the platform through code to support bespoke features for our clients. WordPress is widely recognised for its user-friendly interface and versatility, making it an excellent choice for our schools looking to develop a website. Here’s a list of benefits highlighting why WordPress is so user-friendly for schools:
In summary, WordPress’s user-friendly nature, coupled with its flexibility and extensive features, makes it an ideal choice for schools seeking an efficient and accessible platform for website development. In summary that is why we choose the WordPress platform as the foundation for our Schools System!
With such a great starting point in WordPress we rapidly developed solutions for the platform to make managing your school website even easier.
- Policy Manager
- Schools manage a lot of policies! Usually, they are on a dedicated policy page but often dotted around pages on the website. It became very apparant to us early on that this was not sustainable as some documents would get update and others would still be the old version. To get around this we developed our document tagging and embed solution. Now, you manage all your policy documents in one place. Tag them as you see fit with one document capable of being included in multiple categories. Using our intuitive page embed tool you add the list of documents to the page. When it comes to updating your policy simply change it in the document manager and voila! All locations that include the document are now up to date!
- Image Safeguarding Management
- Have you had occassion to remove a pupils picture from your website. Where are all the pictures of this pupil? How many pages will you need to trawl on your website to find all these pictures? On an iTCHYROBOT website the answer is 1. Yes, you read that right! When you upload your photos to the media library tag the pupils uploaded into the school management section. Now, visit the school management section, choose the pupil and review the images. From there you can see each image the pupil is in and you can decide on the appropriate action.
- Forms and Surveys – View Information
- Parents Evening
- Checkout out the full description of our parents evening system by following the link. Parents Evening System
- School Alerts – View Information
- Video Manager – View Information