Public bodies, including local-authority-maintained schools, are covered by the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010 and the Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties) Regulations 2011. This means you have to publish:
- details of how your school is complying with the public sector equality duty– you should update this every year
- your school’s equality objectives – you should update this at least once every 4 years
Details of these publishing obligations are set out in Equality Act 2010: advice for schools
This includes information such as:
- eliminating discrimination
- how to advance the equality opportunity between people with a shared characteristic and those who don’t.
- How you are consulting those affected by inequality (this can include parents, carers, local community)