When it comes to having a tip top website even Ofsted like you to go above and beyond where content is involved below are just some of the recommended items to add to your school website to increase its usefulness.
- A domain name that makes sense to visitors
- Names of staff, including teachers, teaching assistants, midday supervisors, caretaker, with responsibilities (Head of Y6, SENCO, Science Coordinator)
- A list of governors, with a pen sketch of their experience, and photographs.
- Google maps link and directions, especially if parking or access are complicated
- Information about disabled access
- Events calendar (eg Sporting fixtures)
- Term dates for the next two years
- Times of school day, lessons, and assemblies
- After school clubs, and extra curricular activities
- Newsletter and copies of letters to parents
- Link to Parent View (Picture links available from Ofsted for a Parent View Logo)
- Uniform list, with contact details for local suppliers
- A homework timetable, with handing in dates and spellings lists
- Information about the PTA or Parents Forum
- Gallery of children’s work
- Links to Local Authority Schools website and Gov.UK education pages
- This week’s lunch menu
- Snow and bad weather policy, with a link to the local radio station Snow Line.
This is just part of the list and there are many more items to consider in the long run, how does your school website measure up to the above? If you are interested in improving your website please get in touch to see how we can help.